After a full-on sprint for a few weeks, I’ve taken a week or so to settle down and find a groove that will work for me. I really enjoy writing and covering my favorite genre, but I simply don’t have the time to play, test, review, preview and talk about all the games that I want to. If anyone wants to pay me a decent salary to do so, I’ll gladly quit my job and do this full time! Oh, I wish…
However, I’m about to do my best to cover a LOT of games in the next month, as there’s an abundance of 4X to cover, so I wanted to update any of you that check the site for new content.
Here’s the more-or-less chronological order of the content I’m currently working on in some form:
- Reviews of both Endless Legend: Symbiosis and Endless Space 2: Penumbra
- Review and video footage of Galactic Civilizations 3: Retribution
- Review of Civilization VI and subsequently how “The Gathering Storm” affects how I feel about the game
- A detailed look at a new 4X game, Legion War, and how it’s shaping up so far
- A review of Battle Fleet Gothic: Armada 2, as it has a few 4X mechanics that I feel are worth looking at
- Podcasts throughout all of this, with guests like Jeff Graw, a developer of Dominus Galaxia, Steve of KatHawk Games about Alliance of the Sacred Suns, and a few more than I’m currently nagging 😉
- A look at the aforementioned Alliance of the Sacred Suns as it stands now
- A look at Children of the Galaxy, a 4X game that’s been in Early Access for a while and that very few people are talking about (should you be talking about it?)
That’s a long list when I look at it, but I plan to stick to my guns here and do my best to get these all out over the next month or so. The order might switch up if I can get an early copy of Civilization VI’s The Gathering Storm (I’m trying really hard!), as I’ll do my best to play it enough to get a good review of it around launch.
Is there anything I’m missing? Anything or anyone you’d like me to cover? Let me know in the comments below!